Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Rain Made Me Do It

It has been raining in Atlanta for a solid week. Everyone and everything is completely waterlogged and this morning the city came to an almost complete standstill due to flooding. Most of the major highways and their arteries were closed thanks to overflowing rivers and creeks (pronounced "cricks" in the more rural parts) and all I can say is I am so thankful I had the day off.

I waited until late afternoon to run some errands, which included a trip to the tanning bed. I need to bronze-up for my upcoming beach vacation and, sadly, time to put the tanning membership on hold until next year (I don't want to look funny in my turtlenecks this winter.)

So I was on auto-pilot when I headed out and never gave a thought to my appearance. I tanned, which makes you sweaty, sticky and stinky, and ran into a store when I realized I looked sweaty and sticky, smelled like burnt flesh and lotion, had no makeup on and was wearing grey yoga pants, a No Doubt concert t-shirt and flip-flops. My first thought was "Oh, God, how the hell did I let myself walk out of the house like this?" and my second thought was "Thank God I'm in Atlanta." My only saving grace was my fashionable parapluie; I would never get away with that get-up in Paris...

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
Creative Commons License
A Southern Belle Goes to Paris, y'all. by Meg G is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.