Friday, September 18, 2009

Ceci est un It Bag

I love Longchamp. And I think the ad campaign for the "it bag", spearheaded by DigitasNYC, is très adorable. In the first place, I just love advertisements, especially clever advertisements. In the second place, I love the use of English in a fun way for a French company - sooo like the mid-century Franglais our grandmothers, Miss Piggy, and yours truly, are fond of using. Phrases like "I'm très broke right now" or "Oh, that is just sooo gauche" and "He did what? Quel nightmare!" and so on. Obnoxious, yes, but a fun throw-back to the cocktail party and TV-dinner era.

Speaking of broke, though I love the "it bag", what I really pine for is this little beauty:

If someone has an extra $850 just lying around, let me know...I'll give you my shipping address.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
Creative Commons License
A Southern Belle Goes to Paris, y'all. by Meg G is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.